Sunday, October 3, 2010

Match - Ft. Myers River Rats


Today I shot the a USPSA match with the Ft. Myers River Rats at the Hansen Range in Charlotte.

I took out my old-style XD9 since I didn't feel like shooting full-power .40 with the Sig. Overall, I'm extremely happy with my shooting today. I had alot of AA and AC, a couple Ds, and ZERO MISSES.

I finished 12th out of 20 shooters, but I was the only person shooting in Production Division.

The most notable stage was the classifier; which was also my first classifier. We ran CM 99-42 Fast'n Furious (see above).

Unfortunately, our squad was selected to shoot the classifier as our first stage overall. Which meant that it was the first time I had shot the XD9 in about 3 years. I'm not really happy with my accuracy (2 A, 5 C, 1 D, and 4 Steel), but my time was about what I have come to expect (13.06); for a Hit Factor of 3.5249. According to the Classifier Calculator, this ranks me at 38.73%, or just a smidge under C class. This is right where I expect to be-upper D/lower C class. If I had hit 2 more As instead of Cs I would have been at 42%...or lower C, where I expect to be for States in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment